Monday, March 31, 2014

Too Many Grapes



Please see the photo of all the grapes we have in our house. Everyone has been gifting us grapes. Everyone grows them here and I guess they think we need them. We always tell people that "No, we really don't need to eat more" and they say "but you walk so much!" and we say "and we EAT so much too!" but they don't understand. It's okay. I can lose weight some day in the future.
In addition to all those grapes, we taught a lesson with a woman that we had talked to in the street, and she gave us a bunch of weird fruits. She has an enormous garden with all kinds of fruit that doesn't exist in the states. I was actually kind of freaked out to try some of them. 

Okay before you think that eating fruit was the most exciting part of the week - we had an emergency transfer! Some of the other hermanas needed to change, so we recieved an unexpected call on Friday. We were told that Hermana Marroquin had to go to an area close to Concepción, and that Hermana Amaya would be my new companion. I was really surprised because I lived with Hna Amaya in Tomé. She's a really hard worker and we're excited to be working together here in Cauquenes, even though it was an unexpected change. I will miss my compañera chicitita, Hna Marroquin. She taught me a lot. But I know that the Lord has a reason for everything. 

So, guess what happens this weekend . . . GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! I have never been so excited for a church meeting like I am now. I honestly got teared up just thinking about it yesterday in church. Yeah, I know, a little bit ridiculous. But I just can't wait to hear the words of the prophets! We spend so much time here explaining to people, "yeah, God has actually called a prophet again to guide us on the earth, don't you want to learn more about that?" and it's so great to be able to hear his words! When I have a tough day I like to read conference talks. I know our leaders really are inspired of the Lord, and that following their counsel helps us more than thinking we know a better way. They speak the truth, not just pretty words. Also, how cool is it that our church meetings will be exactly the same this weekend? We will be singing, praying, listening to the same things at the same time. I love that. 

I hope you're all doing well, wherever you may be. Be good and pray always. 
LOVE YOU ALL!

Hermana Glazier 

Photos:
All the weird fruits (that pomegranate I'm holding is different that in America, right? I can't even remember)
Last day with Hermana Marroquin
Branch choir (preparing for district conference)
New comp Hermana Amaya
Missionary with a cold, battling both evil and a runny nose...
``












No comments:

Post a Comment