Monday, April 7, 2014

Hey, did you hear that?

Did you all watch General Conference? I sure hope so. If you missed even a little part, you must watch it!!!
I don't know if it's just cause I'm a missionary and it's the most exciting thing that happens here, but I was so impressed by General Conference this weekend. Every single talk left me in awe. I know that all of these things I'm teaching and that our leaders were saying are true. I know that we will be opposed for believing in these things and defending them, but I also know that we will be happier in the end. This work and this church is so much bigger than just me. It's so much more than just a religion that makes us better people or anything like that. It is really the truth and the purpose of this life. How can we not share that? People will always oppose because they don't understand. But I know what I have felt. I see President Monson and the twelve apostles and all of the other leaders of the church and I can just feel that they are called of God. It's undeniable that they speak the truth, as long as we are willing to listen to the Spirit. 

I was very thankful to be able to watch General Conference in English, yay! Especially in the Sunday morning session. As we were walking to the chapel, we were talking to people in our path and inviting them to church. One man, after talking to us for about 2 minutes said "when do you have meetings?" and we told him it started in like 10 minutes. He said "yeah I'll go with you!". My companion and I just looked at each other like, uh, okay, we'll see how this goes! Turns out, he wasn't very interested in the church as much as he was interested in my companion. This became apparent as he was continually commenting on the fact that she was from Buenos Aires, and "muy simpática".  We had him sit by the Elders during the meeting. He talked out loud the whole time. The only time he wasn't talking out loud was when he was sleeping. I'm pretty sure we'll never see him again. Moral of the story: knowing English is a blessing because then you can be in another room of the church, watching separately, and you'll never know any of this was ever happening. 

Well that's about all for this week. I'm so grateful to be a missionary and that I was far from the earthquakes that were happening. Keep doing good things! And like Elder Ballard said, it's time for us all to study Preach My Gospel. Tell me what you're learning and I'll tell you what I'm learning too. 

Love you all!

Hermana Glazier

Photos: 
English-room face
Herrrrrmanas so happy about conference
All the Cauquenes missionaries! We love conference. So much.


No comments:

Post a Comment