Monday, March 3, 2014

South American Technology...

Yet again, Hermana Glazier is faced with a computer that doesn't have a working USB drive noooooooooo! I had some excellent photos to send but you'll just have to wait until next week. 

So this week was just one big emotional learning experience. Starting with a dagger-to-the-heart zone class that made everyone cry, and ending with a last-minute Sunday night miracle. 

Let me just talk about this zone class for a minute. Our zone leaders talked to us about the Atonement, about everything that Jesus Christ did for us. And that there are so many people in this world that have no idea what that means for them. I can't even explain all of my feelings in that meeting, but I will say that I felt very guilty. I felt grateful for what He did for me and I felt guilty for sometimes making excuses that keep me from sharing it. We, the people that know God and everything He can give us, can't afford to not share that knowledge. 

Throughout the week I struggled to actually put into practice everything that we learned. I think that when we get a little bit excited to change something in our life, the enemy tries to make it a little bit harder. If you can imagine, even I, the never-worried-enough-about-doing-things-right Hermana Glazier, actually got frustrated with herself. But here I am, more than ready to face the last week of this transfer! (what I feel like I just got here!). 

Sunday was one of those days where you're like yeah we have so many appointments with great people and we have a member that's going to go with us to all of the lessons this is gonna be great we're going to meet all our goals and . . . literally none of those people are home. None of them. All of our appointments fell. So we ended up at the house of this one abuelito that we had talked to the other day. This time his wife answered and when we said "hi we're missionaries" she was like "Do you want to come in?" Uh, duh we want to come in. We started talking to her and when I said something about how the people call us "Mormons" she was shocked. "What? You're not the missionaries from San Alfonso?" (the Catholic church just up the street). Oops. She basically told us to leave after that. 

Afterwards was when we saw a miracle. We had no plans so we called a member in the ward. She said we could come over and have a lesson with her and her neighbor. What! Blessings. 

Gotta go, love you all so much! 

Hermana Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment