Monday, June 2, 2014

False Alarm

So, it's transfer week. The week you all (or at least we all in the mission) have been waiting for. Turns out, our entire district is staying the same. I'm so relieved to be staying in Cauquenes! Yesterday I felt really strongly that I was leaving. In Sacrament meeting I bore my testimony and it came out more like a goodbye-speech without even meaning to. Then in the closing hymn I started crying uncontrollably, thinking about all that I have been through and learned here in Cauquenes. I wasn't even thinking about leaving, I was just really emotional. But all the members were like "aw, Hermana Glazier is leaving!" And I was like "hey, we don't even know that until tomorrow! Stop it!". To top it all off the ward mission leader made me take a goodbye-picture with him and his wife "just in case". Now I have to face the ridicule of everyone seeing that I'm actually still here for 6 more weeks, how embarrassing. All that emotion for basically nothing. I will never make a transfer-prediction again, no matter how I feel at church! 

This week was interesting. For the first time ever, I had to stay in one day for health - related issues. Don't worry mom, I'm not dying. 'Twas my dear companion. She's had some health issues and one day she just couldn't work. I cleaned the whole house while she rested, and then when she didn't feel any better I decided to try to find a sister in the ward that could be my companion for a while to at least work part of the day. Turns out, our phone was out of minutes and the office elders were out working so no one could get us more minutes on our phone for another hour. Then I never found anyone that could go out so we ended up going to a member's house and I did some computer work (with the list of members). It was the weirdest day. As tiring or cold as it may be, I feel so much better being outside. 

We also had a great conference with all the sisters in the mission! It was fantastic and it was great to see all the sisters. Being in Cauquenes for a long time means not knowing that many other missionaries. The good thing is that made me less nervous for the solo I sang - "Hija de un Rey" (Daughter of a King). I was shaking a ton from the nerves. Everyone probably thought it was the vibrato in my voice, like, professional or something. Yes, hermanas, go on and think that. The point is, that song is great because it reminds us who we are. If we just remember who we are, we won't get down on ourselves so much. We are doing a lot of great things and we just have to keep going!

Love you all, remember who you are and keep moving forward. 

Love, Hermana Glazier



                                                                                            Hermana Glazier & Hermana Oldroyd  (cousin)


                                          Hermana Glazier and Hermana Amayo with President's wife


p.s. please enjoy the pictures of our matching Chile t-shirts! We'll see how the work goes around here for the World Cup...

No comments:

Post a Comment