Monday, June 23, 2014

Torn

Am I supposed to cheer for Chile or the U.S. these days? The good thing is that the colors are the same :)

This will be brief because we have to be in our house early today (while Chile's playing). 

So the interesting missionary experience of the week was: teaching in English. So there's this kid who has studied English a lot and his mom knows some members of the church. She was asking them if the missionaries could go to their house so he could practice his English. The member said that we could, but we would be teaching him what we teach everyone else - about the Restored Gospel. She said that was fine, so we went a few days later. My companion doesn't know much more than "hello how are you" so I was basically teaching alone. It was actually really hard. There are so many things that I learned how to explain in Spanish and I had a hard time explaining clearly in English. Never thought I would have that experience in the mission. It was cool though and we could still feel the Spirit really strong! The kid actually understood really well and said he was going to read and pray. My companion felt awkward at some parts because she didn't know if she should try to say something, but it was still cool.



This week was Branch conference woohoo! We had a great activity on Friday - talent show and dessert competition. Not that many people participated with the desserts so all the missionaries won something...(see photo of our awesome certificates. My lemon bars won "most sophisticated").

We also all sang in the branch choir on Sunday. They told us to wear bright colors so we decided to take some photos after. 

And finally, Elder and Hermana Scholes made me a birthday cake! I had almost forgotten about my birthday but now everyone's going to remember. So weird that I won't be a teenager anymore....

Well thanks for all the love and prayers and letters and support. Love you all!

Hermana Glazier

P.S. let's go red, white, and blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment