Monday, June 16, 2014

¡Viva Chile!










Well folks, the season of the World Cup has come. That means staying inside the house while Chile is playing instead of being out working. It's a little bit hard focusing again with so much time inside the house, but the good news is that I was able to work on a project we're doing with all the Relief Society sisters. We're learning how to knit with . . . looms? Not 100% sure what you call this stuff in English, but it's cool anyway. You can see the photos of my progress right now but hopefully not too far in the future we'll have a finished project! I know you're probably thinking, "seriously, that's how you're spending valuable mission time?" Yes, my friends, your question is vaild. But the important part is that we're spending time with the sisters here. We have to work together or nothing will ever get done.

This week we also had a night without electricity. Someone *cough cough not me* lost our electric bill and never sent it to the mission office. We got everything figured out by the next day and we're all alive. I can't complain much because, like I said, I wasn't in charge of the electric bill. We can't complain about our situation if we aren't willing to fulfill a responsibility that would change it. That's something I've learned in the mission as well. In the church we are very good about criticizing and pointing out all the things people don't do well in their callings. But we have to remember that that person has been set apart to do that work. The Lord trusts them and if they mess up once in a while that's just part of the learning process. If I one day am in charge of the electric bill, I will never forget to send it because I will remember how scared I was entering a dark house, thinking that the other hermanas were lurking somewhere, waiting to scare us...
As if that weren't enough excitement, this week we also had quite a traumatizing occurrence. (Queasy people please don't read this, I can only tell the story without fainting because I've heard it about 20 times this week) We had to go early to district class this week so Hermana Amaya decided to shower the night before. Unfortunately, she slipped and fell. As she stood up, she noticed that she had a razor hanging from her arm and there was blood everwhere. She had caught her arm in my razor (that as she always explains, has like 5 blades because I like good razors okay, not my fault) and it cut her arm open pretty deep. I was absolutely no help in the situation, seeing as I don't do well around blood. In fact, just telling this story is putting butterflies in my stomach. When I saw her arm I went running for the other room and the other sisters had to help her out. In the end she had to go to the hospital and get 5 stitches. I didn't even know that part until the next day because I fell asleep as they were caring for the wound. The moral of this story is: Hermana Glazier is not always the best companion and, I hope my poor kids never have injuries in the future. 

So as not to end on that distressing note, the good news is that this week there was a baptism in the other branch in Cauquenes. Remember Hernan? This week he baptized his girlfriend! We weren't teaching her because, like I said, she's from the other part of Cauquenes. But still, it was pretty exciting for me! 

Well, love you all, happy Father's Day (yesterday, be good. 

Hermana Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment