Monday, August 25, 2014

Surprise!



Well, it's really happening. The surprise cambio where we all thought Hermana Arndt and I would be staying here together but I'm actually getting transferred! I love Quillón and I love Hermana Arndt and I'm sad to be leaving so soon. 6 weeks is really short to get to know a place. But I know the Lord has another purpose for me.
This next cambio I will be in Concepción. Once again, I'm following Hermana Oldroyd's footsteps! Going to Hermana Oldroyd's old area is good news because all I have to do is tell everyone I'm her cousin and they'll automatically trust me. I'll be with Hermana Meyer, who is awesome from what I've heard. (Obviously never been her companion but we got here the same day and I've always thought she was cool). More news about that next week!
My last week in Quillón has been pretty low key. More trying to play soccer (this time a bunch of little kids who play better than I can were making fun of me), being nervous for cambios and not knowing why (now I know why!), being rejected a LOT for one weekend, basically all of the people we were teaching disappearing right before Sunday, and enjoying all types of weather. You know, just normal mission life. I love being a missionary and I'm learning to enjoy myself more without stressing too much about the little things. I have about 6 months left and I'm going to work as hard as I can but I'm not going to forget to enjoy as well!
Thanks for all your prayers, mail, support, etc. I love you all!
Until next week - in Conce!

Hermana Glazier
Photos: Zone activity on my last day in the Chillán zone...we all had to guess what our cambio was before we could take it off our head.

Looking professional!
 Hermana Meyer is my new companion!

Last photo w/ Hermana Arndt

No comments:

Post a Comment