Monday, September 1, 2014

Country Girl at Heart


I have to admit, my first week working in the city has been quite the adventure. Concepción has like a million different bus lines and there are tons of members to get to know. I got a little too used to just being in a calm little country town. I kind of always feel like I'm one step behind. But I'm doing great!

I LOVE my new area. Hermana Meyer's great too. She got to Chile the same day I did (over a year ago!!!) so we're basically on the same page. She's a hard worker and super chill. The Spanglish is at an all time high but at least we understand each other well. Not to mention we live in an apartment with CARPET and a couch. Definitely the classiest living conditions I've seen in my time here. 

Superficiality (don't even know if that's a word sorry) aside, I really do love this place. There are lots of young people because there's a university close by - something that brings a lot more energy to the ward. And I'm learning more every day about how much the Lord really knows what He's doing with his work. It's incredible how if we just do our best and are as obedient as possible, things work out okay. Even though we can get overwhelmed by all the responsibilities we have, He doesn't ask us to do something we won't be able to do. I know that He is guiding this work and has a purpose for each one of us.

I just want to tell you all how much I love the Book of Mormon and General Conference. I usually study them every day but this week I took a small break because our President asked us to study a specific part of Preach My Gospel. I missed having a big chunk of time just immersed in the Book of Mormon and past General Conference. I hope you guys realize how lucky we are to have those two things that don't exist in any other church! Such a blessing. Only approximately 35 more days until the next General Conference! Woohoo!!! (People here sometimes make fun of me because I'm so obsessed with it). 

Well, love you all!

Hermana Glazier

Photos: 

Last day with Hermana Arndt, view of the city, new house woot!, first time in the mission home with Hermana Meyer



No comments:

Post a Comment