Monday, August 4, 2014

Ski Trip!

Today we had a zone activity in which we went to a ski resort. WHAT THE HECK, ZONE LEADERS, ARE YOU TRYING TO TORTURE ME?
Sorry. Just had to get that out. Everyone wanted to go on a trip to the snow, so we left at 7 in the morning, rode in a bus for two hours, and got to watch other people ski. Am I the only one that finds that frustrating? All I know now is that the first thing I will do when I arrive home is GO SKIING. 


Now don't worry, I'm not getting too trunky. For those of you that noticed, yes, I have already been a missionary for 1 year. Don't worry, I'm going to make these next 6 months better than the first 12 combined! (I have to, because I have 6 months less than an Elder). I'm excited to keep working with Hermana Arndt, not to mention that today we get to have a specially-authorized mini-cambio with Hermana Oldroyd! I'm so excited to get to work with her for 1 day. I know I have a lot to learn from her and I'm so thankful we're here in the same mission. Even though we were never even working in the same zone at the same time, we've kind of been following each other's tracks and I know we'll have a looooot to talk about afterwards. 

This week was full of adventures - MORE mountains of mashed potatoes, a "Family Home Evening" that we could more appropriately name "Empanada-Fest," perfecting my microwave brownie, zone conference in which we played scripture charades and I realized that I need to study up a little more (it's never too late!), and a giant Hermanas sleepover before the zone activity (no way we could all get buses that early in the morning so we had to come to Chillán last night). There were 12 hermanas sleeping the same house! Not sure how we pulled that one off but somehow we survived. Also someone had pop-its, those little firework things we use on the 4th of July, so I even got to feel a little patriotic! 

Anyway love you all. Keep enjoying your summer while I'm here in the snow (ha). 

Love,
Hermana Glazier












No comments:

Post a Comment