Monday, August 18, 2014

the Week

No time to think of a good title. 

Well the good news of this week is: Special mini-cambio with Hermana Oldroyd! It was such a blast. It kind of just felt like we had been companions forever. She helped me realize so many things about myself that only someone who has known me my whole life could recognize. She reminded me that it's okay to admit when I'm not feeling well. In fact, it's important to admit it so that other people can help us. If I feel so responsible for helping everyone else and am too prideful to admit that I'm no okay, I will never be able to help people as much as I could when I feel confident and happy. 

I just want to share my testimony with all of you that the Atonement is real. These last months have been really hard for me in the mission. Here in my new area I feel much better, but a few months back I experienced a lot of difficulties emotionally. I know that my Savior helped me through. I know now more than ever that I have a Father who loves me. And as much as he doesn't like to see us suffer, he lets us have the challenges that shape us into stronger and more faithful people. I'm so grateful for my covenants that bind me to Him and promise me happiness if I'm faithful. The key is in remembering that we are doing our best and that He will always make up the difference. Thinking that we're okay on our own will never, ever work out. 

This week I am working on being ME. Not some robot version of a missionary that imitates supposed expectations from other people. The Lord called me here and needs me to be myself. (Don't worry, still not a robot, but I realized I was being a little more uptight and hard on myself than I needed to be). 

Keep working hard and doing all the good things you can do. And remember that any effort to share the gospel is valid. Even if you're trying to contact some nice people and a drunk guy comes over to sing you some Evangelical songs. (Yep, just another normal day for me). 

Love you all!

Hermana Glazier







No comments:

Post a Comment