Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The TWILIGHT ZONE

This week was a little eeeeerie. We heard various rumors of two missionaries from a different church that are also working here in Cauquenes. There are always other missionaries, yes, but this time it's different. One's blonde one's Latina and they have nametags like ours! Some of the members have seen them and know who they are but I've never met them. A lot of people have asked us if we're from the same church as they are and we never knew who they were talking about until now. People would say "yeah other girls visited me the other day" and we would ask "oh, one from Ecuador and one from Columbia?" and they would say "no, una rubia y una morenita" ("a blonde and a dark-haired"). Now we understand! I just want to meet them because honestly, it freaks me out that people think we're the same. Honestly feelin' like the Twilight Zone these days.

Well in other news, TRANSFERS. After almost 6 months in Cauquenes I'm going to Chillán! I will have my first American companion. Not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous about the whole neither-one-a-native-spanish-speaker thing, and not to mention the only time I ever went to Chillán we got hopelessly lost, but I know it'll be great. It's a good time for a change. I love love love Cauquenes but being far away from civilization for too long does things to your mind. 

Well, in the next couple days I should be finishing the Book of Mormon for the first time in Spanish! It took me a long time because I never focused too much on reading straight through - in study time I'm always studying other stuff. But I'm excited to be able to say that I have read the whole thing in Spanish. And let me tell you, the mission really helps a girl understand the scriptures more deeply. The Book of Mormon never gets old!

Love you all, next week news from CHILLÁN!

Love, Hermana Glazier

Photos: 

Travels to doctor in Concepción...again. Cauquenes needs a mission doctor especially for this woman
We decided to contact everyone in the bus instead of losing all that travel time so there I am, with the last pamphlet after a day of being on the verge of serious carsickness. 
All the people watching the world cup in the bus terminal
I finished my knit skirt! ... almost. Needs a slight adjustment...
Old agenda new agenda, the obvious reminder of how fast the time goes!
San Alfonso - the Catholic church that we have predicted will one day be a temple.


Hermana Glazier sneaking in on a Catholic procession...









No comments:

Post a Comment