Monday, July 21, 2014

Quillón, Valle del Sol




That means "Valley of the Sun". I thought I was going to Chillán, the big city. Nope. I'm in the pueblito Quillón. It's a little town an hour outside of Chillán, but it pertains to that zone. It's GORGEOUS. 

I feel like the nickname of this town, Valley of the Sun, kind of explains what Quillón is for me. It's the sunny days after a lot of storms. It's rained a few times here but I'm not talking about weather. The last few months have been kind of crazy - physically, mentally, and emotionally. I wouldn't trade those experiences for the world, but I'm so happy to be here. I love Cauquenes and it's people so much but a change was overdue. I feel very at peace here with Hna Arndt (also from Utah woohoo!) and Quillón is an excellent place. We had some normal mission challenges this week - broken toilet, having to break into our own house (the lock is soooooooooo temperamental), walking around for 3 days straight without finding any new people to teach, having some uncomfortable food experiences (too much, weird stuff, etc), having a lunch appointment waaaaay far away over the river and through the woods, and basically no one we visited showed up to church. But at this point none of that even phased me. I have reached a point where mission life is 100% normal now. It didn't take me too long to "get used" to being in Chile, but I'm reaching a new level. Like, America stuff is weird now. I have changed in so many ways. Being here with another Hermana who doesn't know very much Spanish and changing areas made me realize how much I have learned. 

I'm feeling great. Tired, but excited. Not like a crazy excited that wears off in a couple hours - a real love for the work that grows deeper every day. I have never been so exhausted in my life but I also have seen how the Lord is strengthening me. There are times when I literally would not be able to keep doing this alone, and I have learned for myself that I really am not alone. 

I hope you're all enjoying your summer vacation in the states! I sure am enjoying my winter-work-time here in S.America! (it's not even that cold anyway). Love you all!

Hermana Glazier






Photos: service with a family that lives in the "campo"


activity with young women - we made peanut butter cookies! Weren't quite as good as normal because brown sugar doesn't exist here but still good.








No comments:

Post a Comment