Monday, April 21, 2014

Las Mini-Misioneras = Semana de Milagros


Aubrey Glazier

11:03 AM (40 minutes ago)
to meRichardTosha
This week we had mini-missionaries! 2 young women from other parts of the mission were here for 4 days. It added a lot of stress in some ways, but we also saw tons of miracles. This whole weekend we have been suddenly finding people that we've looked for and never found. I know that the Lord is directing this work and that things will work out in His time.

It was also District Conference (I still have trouble remembering to say district/branch and not stake/ward). It was excellent. Our branch provided the choir and it was fun to sing in a choir again. It wasn't exactly like choir at BYU but it was still fun. 

Today we have transfers! Except actually we don't have transfers. The 4 of us in our ward are staying the same. We basically just had transfers early and knew that nothing was going to change right now. We're excited to be here and work hard! Woohoo!

Some great moments of the week (with photos!):

A couple times a week we eat lunch in our house. This week I made Dad's famous rice. One of the few things from home that all of the ingredients are found here easily! 
An awesome view of the moon. The sunsets have been AWESOME lately. The sky never ceases to amaze me. 
Normally we are the ones that start a conversation with people in the street. But this week we got to experience what every one else feels every day...a Jehovah's Witness started talking to us in front of his meetinghouse, inviting us to attend their special Easter-week service. I actually wanted to go see what it was like, just out of curiosity. Obviously we can't do that during proselyting time. But it was a super weird feeling being the person receiving the invitation. 
First time on the upper-part of a double decker bus! We were super late to the conference and we had to take an expensive bus that goes on long trips. We thought there was one at the right time but to our surprise, when we got to the terminal, we found out that there were less buses for the holiday weekend.We were super late to the conference, but at least we got to go in the fancy bus...
Our great district!
With mini-missionaries

Other great moment of the week. I left my journal in the chapel in Parral (like an hour away) in the Saturday session of conference. I thought it was lost and I was dying. My whole life (okay like the last 3 months) is in there! I prayed so hard that it wouldn't be lost. Luckily when they were cleaning, someone found it and saw my name in it and gave it to me. I was freaking out so much because my time here in Cauquenes has been the time in my life when I have progressed the most as a person and have grown so much closer to the Lord. I couldn't bear the thought of losing the written account of all that progress. I hope you people at home are keeping journals as well! It's so important. 

Well, love you all. Keep in mind what's most important in your life and dedicate your time to those things. Work hard and do your best! 

Herrrrrrmana Glazier







No comments:

Post a Comment