Monday, November 4, 2013

In Tomé, to Stay, for Another Day, Along the Way, What Else Can I Say...

Tomé has lots of rhyming words. Love that. 

I have completed 3 months in the country of Chile. What. 
3 months = 2 cambios. And, as you already figured out (hopefully) from the title, I'm staying in Tomé! Along with the rest of our zone! A lot of people are coming here, so no one is leaving Tomé. Crazy right? 

I am incredibly excited for that, because I love the members here. And the fact that we have an ocean view from our house doesn't hurt either. But most of all, I'm excited to continue working with some people that have made great changes and spiritual progress in their lives thanks to the Gospel. 

There will be some changes, though. Hna Suárez and I are now dividing our sector! She will have a new companion, and I will have a new companion. I'm pretending I'm not nervous about that part. I'm excited because our sector is really big, but I'm not sure how I'll do without Hna Suárez. I know I won't be alone, but I'm going to have to focus and work a lot harder. And the part I'm most worried about, we're going to have 6 hermanas sharing 1 tiny bathroom. I'll let you know how that works out. 

The miraculous part is, we kind of had a test trial this week. We had mini-missionaries for 4 days - young women from another stake that live the norms of the mission with us for a few days to get a little bit of the experience. My companion had an incredible attitude, even though 90% of the time all of our plans fell and we were just knocking doors or talking to people in the street. I learned that I still have a long way to go, but I was also able to feel a lot more confident in my abilities as a missionary because I had to practice doing everything. The Lord knows us better than ourselves, and I know that this cambio I'm going to continue learning even more. 

I hope this email isn't too serious...here are some of the fun, unimportant moments of the week:

Hna Suárez had her birthday! Woohoo! we came home to a clean (ish) house (gracias to the other hermanas in our house) and decorations. And then 3 different people gave us an entire cake. We ate a lot of cake. 

(Mom don't read this one you'll get worried) With my mini-missionary, a dog tried to bite me. It only got my boot, and I was perfectly fine. But before I realized that I screamed at the top of my lungs and everyone in the street looked at me. Later when we met up with my companion and her mini-missionary, she was super worried. Someone who recognized us had told her that a dog bit me. She was worried that I was in the hospital or something, stuck without any means of communication. Luckily nothing happened, but I felt bad that she was so worried all day!

We had a tea party last night (for the 20 minutes of free time that we had) to celebrate the last day of the cambio.

Probably the best moment of the whole week was when we got a new faucet. Our old was was literally the worst kitchen faucet I can imagine. It broke, which was intially kind of a bad thing. But then we got it replaced and now we have a better one. So. It's up to you all to interpret the deep life lesson there.

I have also included in this email photos of a typical Chilean lunch. In case anyone was wondering.

"The work is true amen". - Laurence Glazier. 

Love you all, more next week (obvi). 

Hermana Glazier




No comments:

Post a Comment