Monday, October 28, 2013

I Feel Good. I Feel Great. I Feel Wonderful.

(if the Glazier fam doesn't know what that's from, I will be so disappointed). 

Once again, the majority of our appointments fell this week. But I feel just as good, if not better, than I have for the whole mission so far. I can NOT believe I'm about to complete 3 months in the land of South America. So many of my attitudes and ideas have changed and I have learned an incredible amount about what faith really means. I'm just starting to see how much more I really have to do to become the missionary I want to be. 

I still miss some things about America though. Example: garbage service. The garbage collection is on strike in Tomé. And they don't even have trash bins, they just put it on the curb in bags. So. Yeah. I won't elaborate any further. Just know that I am still alive. And appreciate your trash bins back home!

Yesterday was Ward Conference. It's a big deal here, because a lot more people come than normal Sundays. We were talking about it and preparing the whole week before. I remember growing up I didn't actually understand what Ward Conference was until I was in young women's. It was a great meeting, and I got to play piano with the kid's choir that sang the musical numbers. I play piano every Sunday, but this was extra fun. 

Fun moment of the week was when we went to lunch at a member's house and he started talking about his copies of The Books of Mormons (I will never be able to decide how to say it). He has it in 98 different languages! We spent some of our study time to take the pictures, but hey, it's language study time anyway . . .and there I am, with the two that I can read. 

Love you all, keep sharing the Gospel and being good!

Love, Hermana Glazier

p.s. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment