Monday, October 27, 2014

Yes, we're real!

It's funny to me how fascinated people still are by the fact that we're from the U.S.

One day we were standing on a corner reviewing our plans and a young boy (probably about 10 years old) came up to us. We asked him where he lived and if we could share with his family. As he was responding, he stopped mid-sentence and moved closer. He tentatively poked my hand as I was trying to write down the information. I looked up at him and he said "Oh, I just had never touched someone from the United States". He seemed very excited to have discovered that yes, we are just like any other person...he soon after ran away. 

Then, another day, we were waiting outside an investigator's house. She wasn't home, so we were waiting a good few minutes outside. Suddenly a group of teenagers ran up, asking if they could take a selfie with us. I was really confused but we accepted. They said it was for their school newspaper or something. I don't really know. The best part was they passed by about 2 or 3 times before actually asking us if they could take the photo. 

As far as the work goes - this week we tried to do more service. As I may have mentioned before, people hesitate to put the hermanas to work. We decided to do surprise service and just arrive at members' houses in our work clothes so they couldn't say no! 2 sisters gave us some small tasks but one still said she had nothing we could possibly help with. 2/3 is pretty good. We'll definitely be repeating that one! 

Yesterday was the primary program in our ward. That thing will NEVER get old. One of the couselors in the bishopbric stood up after and commented on how close the Lord the kids are. It's totally true. Little kids are so easily molded, they're like little sponges. The older we get the harder it is for us to change our attitudes or ideas. The more time we spend in the mission, or in an area, or whatever, the more we think "yeah, I've got this. I know what I'm doing. I've already learned it all". The key is believing in our ability to improve without being prideful. The Lord is always willing to guide us as long as we are willing to listen. 

Thanks for all your love and prayers, 

Hermana Glazier

photos: yet another soccer activity! This time we made zone t-shirts.
me and a completo - the young women were selling them for a fundraiser for their upcoming temple trip

No comments:

Post a Comment