Monday, May 19, 2014

Cold Winds

Cold wintery winds are begging to blow around here. I've been drinking a whole lot of hot chocolate and herbal tea. I also have a pretty consistent pattern of dress. I rotate through about 3 or 4 skirts, gray, black, or blue leggings, and 3 different sweaters. The jacket on top can vary, because my companion has a lot and I can borrow one from her. I don't plan to break this pattern until about September, when spring starts. This is why I laughed when one of the sisters in the ward here asked us if we dressed like this at home. No, my dear Hermana, I will probably burn all of this clothing one day, if it even makes it into my suitcase to go home. As I told my family last Sunday...I'm getting to the point of real-life mission-weirdness. It's something that I always feared. But now I'm starting to accept it. I am, after all, a missionary. Why not enjoy it?

I was very excited to receive some mail last week - packages and letters that people have asked me about. All you who have asked me recently - yes, I got it! (traveling 5.5 hours round trip to Concepción for your companion's doctor appointment has its perks). 

This was a week of "let's get serious and do all this stuff we've been throwing around as ideas for like 3 transfers". We're going to head into a strong, focused effort to get this branch excited. Nothing happens in missionary work if the members aren't involved. We're planning a training for all the leaders and a bunch of activities (English and music class included woohoo!). Most of al we're going to keep being obedient, studying hard, talking to everyone around us about the Gospel, and doing service. I know that's our job as missionaries, but I invite everyone at home to do the same! This work is being hastened, my friends. I know this hasn't been the most exciting weekly update, but it's basically all that's happening. Like I said, I'm turning all mission-weird. Keep working hard in all you're doing at home, love you guys!

Much love,
Hermana Glazier

Photos: disapproval at my inability to open the package sent by my family. Level of difficulty: probably spent more money on packing tape than what was inside.
Disapproval at our messy study room. Cleaning time!
Random walking shots. Woohoo the mission!







No comments:

Post a Comment