Monday, August 26, 2013

Buenissimo!

Hello, everyone!

"Buenissimo" kind of the theme word of everything. I love it for some reason.

I hope everyone's doing well over there in the USA, where they have BYU Creamery milk. (That's what I want for Christmas, mom).

This week started off with a mini-cambio. I spent 24 hours with Hermana Rane. I felt like a cheater because we may not have spoke Spanish all the time . . . but it was too fun. Turns out, she lived a couple buildings away from me last year and I we didn't even know! 

We also had stake conference this week. It was great! I actually understood a lot of it. The Gospel is the same everywhere, and church feels like home. Sustaining all the leaders of the Church was probably my favorite part. All over the world, in the church, we sustain the same leaders, and we all essentially have the same goal. I love that. The thing that was different though, was that there are currently 10 members of our stake serving full time missions. I'm pretty sure the home ward has more than that at a time. But, like I said, it's still the same church, the same Gospel, the same Heavenly Father who we are serving. 

The work here definitely has a unique dynamic. People are very willing to let us into their house (probably because we mostly contact people who've talked to missionaries before), but setting up appointments or getting them to come to church is a different story. This week we had 3 people who agreed to baptismal dates, and none of them attended stake conference. Aaaaand there goes the baptismal date. But we will carry on, and hope for next week. 

I'm really learning to love this place, and the people. But I miss you all! And I'm not kidding about that BYU Creamery milk. Or even just milk in a gallon. Ah, well, I'm gonna say it's worth it. 

Love, 
Hermana Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment