Tuesday, August 6, 2013

MTC!

First email was a joke. GOTCHA. Well honestly I only have 5 minutes left so here goes! (30 min is NOT ENOUGH).
I love the MTC! Probably because I only have 1 week left, but I don't know why everyone complains so much! I don't really miss home that much (sorry fam, I love you, but it's the truth for now) because I'm so focused on everything going on here. It's different but I love it. I was never able to focus this much at school!
Within my first few minutes of class here, I choked on my water and spewed it EVERYWHERE. Embarassing, yes. But things have gotten better from there. I love my district, they are SO much fun. Our teachers are great, our lessons are great, and I absolutely love my companera! Her name is Hna. Rivera and she's from CA. She has sacrificed a lot to be here and she is such a great example to me. I struggle with the Spanish and she's super encouraging and helpful. (There's only me and one elder in our district who aren't native spanish speakers, so it's a little intimidating. But I'm surviving).
I've figured out the key to being popular in the MTC - have altoids. It's like the one kid in school who always has gum, but we can't chew gum here, so yeah. Everyone flocks to my Altoids after meals.
Love you all, thanks for the emails, I'll send photos next week because these computers are like everything-proof.
The Gospel is so true, people. Next time I email you will most likely be from Chile! I fly out Monday. See ya!
Love, Hna. Glazier!!! (it's so cool having that nametag, I feel super legit).



No comments:

Post a Comment