Monday, February 2, 2015

The Final Countdown

Would you believe me if I told you that my district leader started singing "The Final Countdown" over the phone when we called to talk about our investigators, etc...? Everyone seems to keep talking about and reminding me that my time in Chile is coming to an end. Yet, I don't really feel like it's happening. Oh well, I just gotta do my best to be un-trunky and not think about it when I should be thinking about other things. 

This past week was awesome, do you want to know why? Because one of my life-long mission dreams was fulfilled. Ariel and Erika, a wonderful soon-to-be-members-of-the-church couple, were married. You've all heard before about how many people we teach who are living together and not married and have to either separate or get married before being baptized. Well, a lot of people get hung up on that part and end up pulling away because they can't make a decision. That's why I always wanted to see someone get married so they could be baptized, and it happened! They've already been going to church for months so I really had nothing to do with helping them decide to do so, but we helped out with the wedding and this week we'll be having a lovely baptismal service. I'm so grateful for the chance to work with them and to see them taking important steps in their life. They already have 2 kids together, and for the world it's easy to say "what's the point of all this? why go through all the trouble just for a paper?" But that's the amazing thing about the Gospel, we don't care about what the world thinks and we know what's important. I'm so grateful for that knowledge. 

Now that my life-long mission dream has been fulfilled, I just need to give my all for one more week. I've never been great about sprint finishes, but I'm going to do the best I can. 

"I can do all things through Christ." -Philippians 4:13

Con mucho amor, 

Hermana Aubrey Glazier




No comments:

Post a Comment