Monday, November 17, 2014

Goodbye Hermana Meyer!

Well, it's happening - cambios again. Hermana Meyer is going to Chillán, and Hermana Corbett is coming! I will miss Hermana Meyer but Hermana Corbett's great too. I'll send pictures next week. I'm always nervous about walking around with another blonde hermana (we get a lot more attention and "hello"s) but I guess we'll just have to tough it out :) I'm also nervous because the other 3 missionaries from our ward are leaving - I'm the only one staying! My memory will definitely be tested these coming weeks.

This week we had stake conference and wouldn't you know it, I was the only person in the stake qualified to play the piano. They called us about 2 weeks ago with an urgent request for someone who knows how to read music to help with their choir rehearsals. I accepted, thinking that they just needed someone to help fill in for a couple practices. I ended up playing all of the hymns for both sessions of stake conference. I'm about 98% sure that it will be the first and last time I will be asked to accompany the hymns and choir at a stake conference because I know there are MANY other people who play a lot better than I do. But I'm grateful that I at least had the ability to fill in where I was needed! 

This also relates to what Hermana Arrington (mission president's wife) spoke about in the conference - how her sister once had to help deliver 3 babies in a medical clinic in Africa. She was shocked when they asked her to help, because she had no experience and thought there surely was someone else more qualified. But there are times where we really are the only ones who can help. Each of us is needed somewhere - even when we think someone else could do the job better or that we aren't up to the task. But as we trust in what the Lord is asking us to do, we will see that our past experiences really have qualified us for what we're about to do. And if we alone don't have the ability to do it, He knows exactly how and will help us. I love that message because it's so true in every part of the work - the Lord needs us to help even when we think someone else must be more up to the task. The truth is, He called and needs US. 

I love the work and I love all of you who are patient and kind enough to read my letters, write me, pray for me, etc. 

Love, 

Hermana Blazer (as they announced my name in stake conference)


No comments:

Post a Comment