Monday, February 10, 2014

Beautiful Feet?

Sometimes Hermana Marroquin and I share scriptures that are funny when applied in a missionary setting. For example: Mosiah 12:21, "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings,"
My feet are less than beautiful these days. But I do my best to bring good tidings!

This week was interesting (okay every week in the mission is interesting). I won't go into a lot of detail but I will just say . . . the 4 of us hermanas that live together all ate a melon that was on the little-bit-too-ripe side, along with several days of consistently too-large-lunches, and our stomachs suffered for a couple days. Chilean food is delicious but it sometimes gives the digestive system quite the challenge! I have included a photo of the herbal remedy that a member gave us. One of the herbs is mint and the other I don't know how to say in English. I wasn't so confident that I wanted to drink it but I felt a lot better afterwards. I'm gaining a real testimony of the Word of Wisdom these days. I'm also learning to use discernment to be able to trust people. For example when people say "some other day you can visit me," I usually don't believe them. But when a member's like "hey put hot water on this plant matter and drink it and you will be healed," I'm like "yeah sounds good". 


Well my dear people the time is too short. I hope everyone's doing great and keep doing your best in whatever you're doing! And enjoy the Olympics without me...



Much love,
Hermana Glazier

Photos: 
sketchy herbal tea
Breakfast with the Scholes (senior couple missionaries in our area). Real American pancakes with syrup and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment