Monday, December 16, 2013

I'll Be [in Tomé] For Christmas

You heard it, folks. The big news this week is cambios! Or, in my case, NO cambios. Of the 6 Hermanas in our house, we're all staying for another 6 weeks! We are all extremely excited for that. Mostly because we all have a secret gift person and cambios would complicate that...okay that's not the only reason. But I am extremely happy to be staying in Tomé - being transferred a week before Christmas would have been rough.

I'm also more than ecstatic to be working with Hermana Rodriguez for more time! She's awesome and we get along really well. In fact, we're almost too much alike. Our energy and attitudes are always reflections of one another. It's rough when we're both falling asleep in lessons. Speaking of falling asleep in lessons, those of you who have followed from the start will remember that I had a really hard time with that at first. Well I want you to know that I've mostly overcome that. I've become a professional at moving in small ways, squinting my eyes so they don't close all the way, focusing on what my companion is saying, and hopefully saying something relevant afterwards. That scripture in Ether about how our weaknessess will become strengths is true, eh?

Also Hermana Rodriguez is going to be a new Hermana leader, which is no surprise. It mostly just means I will be traveling to Concepción a lot . . . just like with Hermana Suárez. When will I be free?! 
Nah I'm actually really excited for her. She's an awesome missionary and it also means that we have to be the example. That'll give me some motivation to not get too comfortable and lazy. 

Anyway that's about all I have time to write this week. Keep up the Christmas spirit and remember why we celebrate it. 

Much love, 

Hermana Glazier

Photos:

Relief society activity, our humble Christmas tree, service at Ana's house gets out of hand, and our district this cambio






No comments:

Post a Comment