Monday, January 27, 2014

Hermana Glazier . . . SE VA

It's really really happening. My first time moving to a new area in the mission! I kind of expected it, because I've been in Tomé for 1/3 of my mission. A THIRD. So, uh, hey, who can explain to me where that 6 months went? I sure don't know. All I know is that tomorrow I will be in Cauquenes! Don't know much about Cauquenes. Only that it's hard to spell and it's in one of the farthest zones from here. One thing I do know - the ¨Lord wants me to go there and I will be able to continue progressing at mission-speed. 

I'm sad to be leaving Tomé, but it's probably for the better because I'm starting to be famous here. We always go out jogging in the mornings and every once in a while someone recognizes me. Not sure how, considering how I look first thing in the morning compared to once I shower and put on a skirt. Sometimes it's hard to share my testimony with someone after they say "Hey I see you jogging in the mornings!" Just a little embarrassing for me. 

Not quite as embarrassing as our other prime experience, though. This week in a trio was absolute insanity. I've never seen so many ups and downs in my life. One day we went to leave our dirty clothes with one of the sisters in the ward that washes them. She always has us just throw it over their giant gate and leave it there because she gets home from work really late at night. We did that as usual and went running to an appointment. Afterwards, as we were walking 30 minutes late to lunch, we were talking on the phone with another sister in the ward who informed us that the sister who would supposedly be washing our clothes had recently gone on vacation. We were then faced with the choice: find a way to get our clothes back, or live without them for an undefined period of time. We opted for the first. Our only option besides climbing over the 10 foot wall for all the neighbors to see was pulling our clothes out from under the gate, one piece at a time. We tried to do it as fast as possible but a good 15,697 people passed by in that time. Having to rob your own clothes isn't something they prepare you for in the MTC.

I don't know if anyone will remember my work as a missionary here in Tomé, but I have the feeling I will be remembered. That is also evident by the note one of the hermanas put above the kitchen sink, pleading that others wash their dishes because now Hermana Glazier won't be here to do it. 

This computer doesn't work with my camera so sorry for the lack of pictures. But expect lots next week! Can't wait to tell you about a new companion, new people, new area, new ward (actually I think it's a branch). Love you all and pray that I won't get lost in the travel process. 

Con amor, Hermana Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment